Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar

Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar

  • Category: Weather
  • Release Date:
  • Current Version: 5.9.4
  • Adult Rating: 4+
  • Developer: Weather Underground, LLC
  • Compatibility: Android
4.5
4.5
50,847 Ratings
$ 0

Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar App

Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 200,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings. CURRENT CONDITIONS • Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood • Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure • Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries • Compare today’s weather with local historical data • Report local weather and hazards to help your community • Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile • Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile INTERACTIVE MAP • View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more • Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite • Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile APPLE WATCH Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar. WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE! • View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10 • Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts • Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world • View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile • Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports, infographics, scientific discussion and more • Geek out with the weather radio tile • Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles “Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine “What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 200,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.

Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar app screenshots

Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar app reviews

  • Dependable 5/5

    By Gracie000
    Super accurate and the only site I trust
  • Winder Weather 5/5

    By Temperature on screen
    One of my favorite weather apps! Check it everyday. Love all the features and layout!!
  • i used to like it a lot 2/5

    By feivel613
    extremely well designed app. EDITED August 20, 2017: true but they are clearly going under. you can no longer upload photos. their weather videos are no longer updated. at all. the weather report videos from 2 months ago are still up. they no longer answer emails. at all. the weather accuracy has become quite erratic and undependable. im sorry, it was THE best weather app.
  • Never works 1/5

    By Reasonable Opinion
    I used to love the old version, but ever since I updated, this app barely works. Maps hardly ever load any details, weather station data is dodgy at best, sometimes it just flat out won't display any data. I don't even like the new layout since I have to scroll further to get data I used to be able to see at a glance, and it was needlessly harder to add favorite stations and cities for regular viewing. I have tried reloading and I have a new phone, so those aren't the issues. I just think this is a bad redesign that seems to have made the app near useless, at least for me. Too bad.
  • Weather channel?? 1/5

    By GinoD56
    I got rid of the weather.com app because it is often completely inaccurate. I was looking for a new app, that actually looks at data and updates in a real time type situation. Read good reviews on this product but it has been bought by the weather.com, and so currently is as bad as weather.com- with a worse platform.
  • Good app but slow at times. 4/5

    By Jsch222
    I like the ability to view a more local weather station vs some of the other apps. The app can be slow to load from time to time and sometimes needs to be closed and reopened.
  • My favorite weather app but... 4/5

    By D.Arthur26
    I always make sure to check it for the latest update. Maybe it is because I live in Alaska and our weather changes quickly. Also the wind speed is usually not accurate - reads low.
  • Love it 5/5

    By snappysquirrel
    Easy to use, appreciate the visual or description of the forecast. Weather is so neighborhood specific and fickle in San Francisco, this app really helps!
  • Use it all the time!!! 5/5

    By LazyKitten80041
    Use it all the time!!!
  • So much better than Weatherbug 5/5

    By DimitriK28
    I like the radar and it's options, I like the graphics much better than weather bug, and I'm glad I don't have to hear that little chirping noise every time a small storm is 100 miles away from me
  • Accurate weather report with social component 5/5

    By Ye'tha'thne
    I really appreciate that this app takes into account feedback provided by its users. Crowdsourcing helps to verify the accuracy of classifying a day as "partly cloudy", for instance. Much better than the weather app that comes standard on iPhone.
  • Nice app 5/5

    By Bajeboyz
    Love it
  • Access to Local Private Stations is Key 5/5

    By Tevaman
    Our area has lots of microclimates and local variations in weather. Having data from nearby private weather stations, along with NWS data, radar, and forecasts is much appreciated. The displays are easy to manipulate and understand.
  • Solid weather app 4/5

    By Nythor
    Solid app and widget. Weather is inherently unpredictable but the app does a good job of presenting information.
  • Best weather App 5/5

    By Edski47
    Accurate and nearby weather stations. Great options to display weather forecast. Clear radar. My preferred weather source.
  • Glitches 1/5

    By Storm 1591
    Works 20% of the time...had to delete it. I even paid for the ad free version. Too bad, it was great when it worked...
  • Thank You for your hard work great product 5/5

    By GilCo.
    Update 08-17-2017 Love the ideal activity smart forecast HomeRun Fantastic
  • Great app! 5/5

    By Tornadotaz4267
    Nice features with cam shots
  • Personalization. 4/5

    By Sawyersdad
    I like the personalization part of the app, and I like the very local information.
  • Love the precipitation totals! 4/5

    By MaroonHokie
    No one else has this feature. Seems to be more accurate than Weather Channel.
  • Great App 5/5

    By fxb0412
    Wealth of accurate and detailed information. Use this app as primary weather analysis for my work
  • New version not as useful 2/5

    By rubapubpub
    Since Weather Channel or whomever bought them features are degrading. When I lost the photos I felt like I lost a hundred thousand friends who love nature and life! old review.. I don't understand the compulsion to change the interface graphics radically from version to version. I find the radar about 20% as useful as the previous version and I am hunting for information I had previously at my fingertips...
  • SWAG forecasting 2/5

    By Akrenz
    When I see all of the five-star reviews, I have to wonder if I'm looking at the same Weather Underground app that others are looking at. I find that the forecasting, especially several days out, is not very accurate. Maybe that's the nature of the beast and weather really cannot be forecasted with a high degree of accuracy. However in my feeble mind, I look at the weather forecast so I can better plan an upcoming event. All too often, the five day forecast changes on the fourth day, the third day, the second day and even on the day of the event. I've seen a forecast five days out of 70% precipitation and as it gets closer to the day, 90% precipitation, 40% precipitation, 20% precipitation, 70% precipitation 50%, precipitation and then the day in question, it doesn't rain! Precipitation percentages even jump around the day of the forecast. At that point in time, I'm just as accurate looking out the window to see what the weathers doing. On 3/14/17 in the Chicago area, we had a major snowstorm. When snow was the initially predicted approximately five days prior, the accumulation was going to be less than an inch. We finally received 10 inches; it changed hourly. Additionally, my local weather forecast is now for Gary, Illinois. There is no such place as Gary Illinois! I live in Countryside, Illinois but the closest weather station is in LaGrange, Illinois - a half mile away. Update on 4/26/17 at 7:12 PM CDT. I just checked the forecast for my area it indicates that rain will continue with a 100% chance of precipitation. The skies are clear and when I look at the weather map, there's no precipitation indicated. Update on 4/26/17 at 8:17 PM CDT. Forecast still indicates that rain will continue with a 100% chance of precipitation but there's still no rain! This is what I'm talking about when I question the accuracy of Weather Underground and all the 5-star reviews. Update on 8/8/17 at 11:23 AM CDT Several days ago, the forecast for Monday, August 7 for chance of scattered showers in the morning with a higher probability of rain in the late afternoon and evening. This will continue until early Tuesday morning. No rain at all yesterday and perfectly clear skies today with a now 0% chance of precipitation. Update on 8/11/17 at 3:27 PM CDT Yesterday's forecast for my area was for scattered heavy thunderstorms late in the day and evening with rainfall approaching 1 inch. There was also a pretty detailed timeline when we could expect these heavy rains accompanied with gusty winds. What wound up happening was there was a period of some darker clouds passing over but zero rain. I repeat, zero rain. Five star rating, are you kidding me? Update on 8/17/17 at 8:50 AM CDT 15 minutes ago, there was a 20% chance of precipitation in the forecast. Just checked the forecast again and it now says 80% chance of precipitation and the sun came out. Looking at the May, all the precipitation has moved east of the greater Chicago area. How can the chance of precipitation change from 20% to 80% in minutes with the sky clearing? Five star rating for this app? Give me a break.
  • One star until reliability is improved. 1/5

    By watj
    I'm a huge Weather Underground fan. This app, however, is the most frustratingly unpredictable app that I try to use daily. Very often the app simply can't connect, and will display "Error connecting, tap to retry" again and again-- despite my device being connected to the internet and the Wunderground working fine through Safari. This app is great when it works, but the connectivity bugs are so frustrating that I can't endorse it as it is.
  • Best weather app 5/5

    By Chrisd1499
    I've tried the TV stations and the national apps and this offers the most succinct view of what is going on in my neighborhood. Just wish that it would show rainfall for the last 24 hours rather than today.
  • Informative, accurate, different 5/5

    By Carl - in NJ
    This is a fun site. Lays out the weather in easy to understand graphs. Different from all the rest.
  • Review 5/5

    By CrowderP
    Great weather app. Easy to navigate.
  • Best 5/5

    By 12kj21
    IMHO - In its tradition of excellence, WU is the optimum source in its field... and will likely remain at the forefront in the foreseeable future.
  • One of the better apps available 5/5

    By IamVet
    A few issues with refresh rates. Very good overlays and reliable predictions.
  • So much better than TWC for iPad 5/5

    By Satguruk
    1. Allows you to see what the weather was this morning 2. Shows more info on the screen than TWC so less scrolling 3. Has a paid mode, which TWC does not have Room for improvement Screen scrolling is a little patchy. Sometimes I have to pause and then scroll again to get down to where I'm try to get to.
  • Lv it!! 5/5

    By hogmama
    Very informative & useful
  • Nothing but crash 1/5

    By Llevi
    This app won't even load after opening. It only crashes.
  • My favorite 5/5

    By Grateful Fish
    I have the Weather Channel, NOAA, and have had other weather apps. I find myself almost always turning to this one first. That seems empirical proof that it works best for me. I find it easiest to read and to digest the information I want and need.
  • One shortcoming but still the favorite 5/5

    By Objectivist I
    For historical data, I have to refer to the National Weather Service on-line. Not a huge inconvenience, but I'm talking yesterday or for the month or maybe the year compared to same time last year or against normal average. I realize Wunderground is not a data accumulating cloud service. It does very well for the service it provides, and I am a many-years (decade+) loyalist. I've tried other apps but have always deleted them and returned to my favorite forecaster and provider of TODAY's conditions.
  • Great app 5/5

    By iPhone user big time
    I like the speed in which the app works
  • Good 4/5

    By aixa marti
    It's ok.
  • Excelent Weather App. 5/5

    By Coqui83
    Excelent Weather App.
  • Best app I've ever tried 5/5

    By Hamdurgen
    I got this app for my Apple Watch it made so easy to tell the weather it just the best app ever for free Great app
  • It just works! 5/5

    By Xile.M
    I've used WeatherUnderground for years and have found that it is consistently easy to use and accurate. Best app in the bunch for a long time now.
  • Accurate weather 5/5

    By Terarae
    Found this to be the most accurate report for the area I am in. Have to work outside lots so knowing the weather is very important.
  • Good westherv App 4/5

    By ecoJeff
    Serves my needs well. Works fast. Like the archive.
  • Purchase the app, but adds are still shown 4/5

    By AvrgAppUser
    I purchased the app, and had to reset the phone. I followed instructions and sent email to the app support/help asking to update my account. After 2 days nobody responded my email and the adds are still shown. After my review was posted, I finally got email from the support person about my account updates. I do not see the adds now.
  • Awesome App! 5/5

    By ishamae
    Love this app to keep up with truly "local" weather!
  • My Go-To Weather App!! 5/5

    By creekboy22
    Others might not care for for the UI, but it's right up my alley-- clean, contemporary, & all I need day-to-day at a fingertap. As accurate as anyone, & a minor bug now & then, but still 5 stars for me!
  • Main Features Work 4/5

    By Mark Ingalls
    I have no problem with the main features of this app. I also think it's great I can get NWS forecasts to it. Unlike the vanilla Apple weather app, this app gives you real time local data (Apple runs off of the Weather Channel, which largely uses estimates based on reported conditions at airports and such). The local data comes from government sources as well as home weather stations connected to their network. My main issue is reporting conditions. More often than not, when I try to report conditions it fails to go through. I don't get a prompt saying it didn't go through, just that hitting the send button does nothing many times.
  • Radar does not load. 3/5

    By W0rsh1p
    I love this app BUT I may have to switch because the radar map will not load when selected.
  • Excellent app!! 5/5

    By imczickusn
    I've used several different apps for weather and this one I believe is the best. It's very accurate and I love how I can look at the hourly weather.
  • Great weather app . 5/5

    By Matt rrrrerr
    Great app
  • Really nice app! 4/5

    By bdautotech
    Nice app, easy to use, loads quickly, intuitive interface, good job!
  • Only weather app I need 5/5

    By jax696
    Whether home or traveling this is the only weather app I use. It's reliable and I depend on it daily.

Weather Underground: Custom Forecast & Local Radar app comments


Download Android Apps and Games Android APK

Home | Privacy Policy | DMCA | Contact | Copyright © 2017