Amazingly Awesome App 5/5
This app has made my hiking experiences so much better and has allowed me to find trails I never knew existed.
Pushing Data Collection Too Far 1/5
I couldn’t get full details on a trail via mobile site and was prompted to app which also doesn’t allow access unless location collection is enabled which is unnecessary and likely a violation of Apple terms of service.
Download while on trail... 5/5
Downloaded part of the way they hike. Tracked our progress and showed us about where trail was headed. Good info, maps and pics!
Will use again.
Great app!! 5/5
We’ve used this app on vacation and also close to home. I don’t want to hike without it. When on badly marked trails, the GPS is a godsend! Love this app!!
Love this app 5/5
I have been able to find more local walking trails for my mom, our dogs and myself. Love this app!!
Constantly reboots. 3/5
By Serene outlook
For some crazy reason, I’ll check the map, hike for a bit and go to check to make sure I’m still on trail, and the app gives me the startup screen. No map. Now I have to wait to check where I am. When this happens over and over, it becomes a dangerous problem: the sun won’t stay above the horizon forever, people.
Other big problem is when you’re drawing a custom route, and the trail goes past a summit (this happens often in the Whites,) you’re stuck “planning” a route that goes miles past your planned objective. There’s no way to fix this.
I paid for the pro version and got a lemon.
To The Worlds End 5/5
Grate app much more than maps and reviews love it!
Love it 5/5
I never knew such an awesome option existed for finding trails! I’ve needed this for years! A good blend of utilizing technology for nature lovers
Great app, could use a couple small improvements 4/5
I love this app. I use it ALL the time. There are just two things I would change that could make it perfect …
1. Keep the mileage of out/back hikes consistent, so that the mileage listed is always the TOTAL mileage of the hike. For some out/back hikes, we discover half way in that the mileage listed on the app was actually only the distance out, and the total mileage is twice that.
2. Include an estimated time that the hike will take. I know this can vary, but an average time would be soooo helpful!
By Everyday hiker
Had no idea there was such a map,with detailed info, for hiking trails wherever you may be. Look forward to exploring more using this app.
Better than any book 5/5
I can’t believe the comprehensive list! They have small and big hikes, well known and more obscure! Great info on each hike, I love this app!
Twin sisters trail 5/5
I did this hike the day before the Bomb Cyclone hit and it was a perfect day. Bright sunshine and no wind with clear views. The trail was packed so no need for snow shoes but I did use micro spikes on the way down.
Great recon app 5/5
I use it wherever I go to see where I can tear my tires into the dirt.
Great info 5/5
By Skinnocent Co.
Great app for finding trails!
Great app for tracking trails and recording your adventure. Spot on so far with navigation and matching to the terrain on the maps.
Best hiking app 5/5
By AP PT
My wife and I love this app. We travel to different places and camp and we are always able to find great hikes near by to do.
Wasy to use... 5/5
This is the easiest program of its type I have found. The maps are up to date and can be downloaded... they are not the USGS maps we used in Boy Scouts 4 decade ago. So far they have been apot-on. The subscription is worth it. My only issue is that it can chew thru a battery pretty quickly so bring a spare. Happy Trails.
My lifeline 5/5
By Sir Francis lukan
How does one live without this crap?
Amazing app 4/5
Love this app! Connects me with trails that I would have never discover on my own. Also useful to have reviews from other people!! I am a huge fan of the offline map. I just wish your location had an arrow to see what direction you were facing.
General Review 5/5
Fantastic app. Nothing of equal or better quality exists, so if you’re looking for a trails app get it.
Missed a large chunk of my first hike 4/5
Love this app, but it did seem to either lock up or pause itself (I found the load screen at some point when I went to check my location) which led to it missing a large chunk of a solid hike that I had planned to share with family. Bummer!
Great App 5/5
I use this great app in every city I go to to find good hiking trails that fit my style. I highly recommend it.
Great trail 5/5
Great little trail. First part is easy, second half more moderate. All bridges in good shape. Thank you to whoever rebuilt the third bridge!!!
Great App! + ideas to make it better. 4/5
By hiker weekend warrior
First, overall this is a very nice application. It's great for exploring trails and seeing what is out there. Enough so that I purchased the lifetime pro. I've used the tracking function for my more adventurous hikes. In general it does a good job of tracking. If your in an area with poor cell service, make sure to turn your phone on airplane mode. (It will still track fairly well). My battery life will last just over 8 hours this way. (From a full charge).
Things to improve and make it a five star:
1. The time it takes to load the program. It typically takes over 1 minute. I have even tried to reduce the amount of trails downloaded to my phone. It may not seem like much, but think back to the dial up days. I found this particularly frustrating when I accidentally closed the app out while hiking, and then trying to open it back up to continue my recording. That or pulling the app up when I'm first getting ready to start a trail. (This is the one item I would really like to see resolved - my biggest pet peeve during use)
2. When saving a recording, it does not give the option to search for a particular trail. The list of suggestions may or may not include the trail I hiked. This is especially true on the long ones like the Ouachita Trail in Oklahoma and Arkansas (224 miles)
3. On the long trails, it would be nice to have trail access points show up on the map. There are several places one can access the Ouachita trail, yet it only shows the beginning location.
4. When searching on the map, the point to point trails with parking at both ends. Having both the points show up on the map when exploring to find the next trail to hike. From experience hiking out in Colorado the end of the trail could be an hour closer to me than the one shown.
5. The app lets you take pictures in it, and it Geotags the photo to location. I'm a huge fan of this! It would be cool if panorama pictures could be taken in the app to.
6. In the past, (fall of 2018) I noticed that while recording my track, it would fail to do so unless I unlocked my phone and pulled the app up. (As soon as I locked my phone it may or may not continue the recording) I was in The mountains at the time and know the track will be much less accurate than in the plains... it made for some weird tracks.
This is a really nice app, and thanks to the developers who put the time and effort into it. I recommend this app (along with a few others - depending upon desired information) when people are looking for a good hiking application.
Great app! 5/5
It’s been a great tool for finding wonderful hikes!
Live this app 5/5
This app makes us want to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Well done!
If you HIKE DOWNLOAD THIS APP!!!! 5/5
By Volunteers Rule!
I’ve hike since I was a kid around East Tennessee so I know a lot of trails but this app knows 100’s more!! Best app for trails for hiking I’ve ever seen fantastic platform and easy to use. Thank you for this app and keep up the great work
The key to finding the right hike 5/5
I love AllTrails, it’s my favorite app for finding “hidden”, “local favorite” types of hikes. I simply go to the mountain range on the map, or the local area I’m interested in, & then I go through the list of options. There seems to be more & sometimes better selection than what I find on Google. It’s great that you get to look at pictures & read reviews. (Keep submitting them!) It helps show other people what they’re in for if they choose that hike.
If you pay for the app, you will also be able to use the trail maps even when you don’t have service.
New to app 5/5
By hammockeronthe cheap
I like it a lot
So many hikes in LA! 5/5
People seem to get stuck on hiking just Runyon and Griffith in LA, but there are so many more amazing spots to discover! All Trails has been the easiest way for me to discover so many cool hikes. Love it!
All Trails 5/5
By Hiker Jay
Great App. Precise.
Every time we’re in a new area I open the app and am able to quickly find a great trail...and off we go!
Crash on startup 2/5
By George Stolz
Used to work great, now crashes on startup.
Can’t support 1/5
I can’t support a group that will selectively give to other groups that have or might have agendas to keep people off or out of public lands or the use of public lands by permit. I’m deleting the app now.
Love it 5/5
I love this app, it’s so convenient and great for finding new trails near me. It shows a map whenever you’re lost and tells you all the information you need to know, about said trail, from other users that have done the trail.
Needed for all trips! 5/5
I don't go on any trips before checking All Trails to make sure there are hikes available. 10/10 would recommend to a friend!
Love this app 5/5
By Robin and Natalie
This app is so great, I love all the maps and reviews. I also like how sometimes I will click on directions and it will just take me to a trail head off the side of the road. I seriously love this app, I have found so many trails near me that I didn’t even know existed.
By Aidan Keene
Great information, and just great overall accessibility within the app to everything you need.
Greenway trail Gordon river 5/5
Nice trail pretty easy, very nice! Do it!👌
Helpful! No excuses to NOT get moving 5/5
I’ve used this app (free) off and on for a little over a year. It’s really kept me inspired to explore but i have limitations so i read the reviews and study the terrain. I live the help!
Love love love 5/5
Love this App! It’s so helpful indicating if dog friendly, easy, moderate to hard hiking trails. 🙌🏼👍🏼
Free isn’t free. 1/5
By Christopher L96
Don’t show that you can download some layers of map data without the “pro” tag and then when you click on the free map layers it then prompts you to subscribe.
It’s missing these items but other than that it’s pretty good 4/5
By Undin in game name
Pretty good app has almost all activities but it doesn’t stay on while running but it still tracks everything but you can’t select your music inside the app
Canyon Peaking 5/5
By Day Triper
I have a number of hiking apps but must say AllTrails fits hike-style perfectly. Whether Im in Cali or Arizona or where ever I am it gives me a no worries accurate review and detail on new places to blaze. 👍
Love it 5/5
The app is a big help. I love that it has so much information about all hikes . I’m grateful for your service .
I have found so many cool places because of all trails, a staple if you enjoy hiking! I also cannot get lost via track recording directly in the app - I’d give six stars if I could!
Nearly perfect- a few major flaws 4/5
It does everything you'd expect and more. Best features:
1. Google maps to trailhead
2. Track export
3. Great maps
4. User reviews
Two major flaws:
1. Sometimes loses signal. Scary and potentially dangerous when happens.
2. Looking up a place (try Rocky Flats, near Boulder) does not give a list a trails in the open space. Instead, you get an irrelevant list of nearby trails.
Very helpful 5/5
I love this app!!!! Easy to use, a lot of info to search through, reviews on different trails, rating system: Easy/med/high is right on. The live gps map has helped when the trials where not well marked. Recommend this app to any hiker!