My obsession 3/5
I am completely obsessed with this app. I love designing the rooms and for the most part the rooms are a good foundation for a good design. I'm usually pretty lenient with ratings, but there are several reasons why I only have this app 3 stars. I'm not holding my breath that anything will change, but I do hope that the Design Home Team reads these, because there are really some things that need to change.
1. This is incredibly expensive. If you care about design and are competitive, you will likely spend $50-$100 per MONTH in this app!
2. When you get above a 4 star score you get a prize Tobias in designs. Some are good, most are ugly or way too small in scale to use. They don't look good and will cause a lower score if you use them.
3. When you get a prefect score of 5, your second prize is 125 diamonds. That buys you nothing. Literally NOTHING! 5 star scores should be rewarded more.
4. Voting. OMG the voting. Many people vote against the best designs to move theirs up in the ranks. Life ain't fair, but this is just BS. I've seen some of the ugliest rooms with higher scores than I've gotten for a very solid design. My average right now is 4.79 which is very high, so I know what I'm looking at. Please do something about this!!
5. You have to design $1,000,000 worth of rooms to get to the next level and get more artwork, table art and plants opened up. That is absurd. The lower levels only allow accessory pieces that are very hard to work with. So better art in lower levels!!
6. Furniture and art is ridiculously expensive. For example a small white vase with white flowers is 150 diamonds, simple art that is "meh" ranges from 450-1050 diamonds! Furniture that I've seen at local stores for under $1000 will go as high as 4-5000. Prices need to be reduced!!
7. Better prizes that can actually be used in a design.
8. When you buy a price of furniture, art, lamps, or anything else, you get to use it 5 times. Well, most living rooms are 2 chairs, most tables have 4 chairs, most bedrooms have 2 nightstand. I think they think we're dumb and can't figure out that this just doesn't work out. I have so many chairs that I only have 1 left, so if I want to use it again I have to buy it again! Design Home ... we see you! It's obvious your strategy is to force additional purchases. And again, expensive!!
Design Home, please make some changes based on the feedback of your customers. I have read many reviews and none of this is news. Many other people have had the same feedback. Please look at this!!!
ANIMAL TORTURE AD ON SITE! 1/5
As of October 20, 2018 There is a Care2 ad currently on the game that graphically depicts a tortured racoon. I understand there is also a polar bear suffering. After contacting the owners two days ago via email and putting this on their FB site No one has even contacted me.
I don't know what kind of irresponsible and inept policy allowed this to be put up, but don't play this or allow young people to play this unless you think this is okay.
People play games to get a break from life. Maybe they need reminding of this. I can see this is a profit driven, not consumer caring organization but that doesn't make it right.
I don' know that I a can ever play the game again.
Thanks for ruining it.
I’m so Addicted!!! 5/5
Great game...I look forward to the new challenges.
PACKED with coding issues. STEALING money 1/5
By Penny Lenovo
I have contacted customer support 10+ times where the products I paid for in-game, keep disappearing. I am an IT person and have been testing software for 30 years.
DO NOT BUY, until they admit their mistakes are ALL fixed - AND most of all refund everyone their lost products.
I am also reaching out to HGTV and APPLE, recommending the same thing.
Wish for better prizes 4/5
The pieces that are prizes on the daily challenge are many times hideous.
Amazing minus one thing 4/5
Great app, just maybe add more keys🔑? Its very hard to earn keys, and when you vote you only get 3. Fix please🙏🏽💘.
I really enjoy this game. It’s creative and relaxing. I enjoy the themes and incentives. It’s fun. My only complaint is that there are many times that I complete actions to earn diamonds and spend valuable time doing so only to never receive my reward. That’s always disappointing.
Decorating my room 5/5
By mean jojo
The game is good but you need to give us more of our thing we buy to do the room
I love it but there are issues 3/5
I really love the game concept.
The ability to buy furniture and decorations for the rooms is very slow going. If you are to decorate the way you’d like in-game purchases are necessary and relatively expensive. Voting on rooms has no rhyme or reason and seems to be just players rushing to earn enough keys to submit an entry. Also, I have a glitch. I play on my iPad. My husband I share the iPad and both use Facebook. Now the game will only open with my husbands name and friends list. I contacted developers, followed advice to no avail. It would be nice if my daughter and I could both play on the same device. I asked the developers about it but they haven't responded.
After all that it's amazing I still play, I know. But I really do love the decorating and the concept. If I could keep furniture longer, earn purchases faster, be able to sell or trade furniture I don’t want and have voting straightened out so it's not just people rushing through to earn credit to submit an entry I would recommend it more readily. Also, I would love to be able to play with my kids.
Used to be fun 2/5
By Jessi L K
I have been a user of DH for a long time. I have noticed a trend lately in challenges where certain items have to be used, which would be fine, however, I feel DH is purposely blocking items owned forcing users to purchase new ones. This game is no longer fun since I feel it is rigged for us to simply spend real dollars buying items in order to enter challenges (e.i., buying diamonds for decor, buying DH money to buy furniture). If you want your app to succeed you need to stop being greedy and stop stonewalling users from using the items they’ve already purchased.
Never enough diamonds 3/5
Give more daily diamonds. You should at least be able to buy a plant with daily diamonds. I find myself not entering challenges so I can build my diamonds up.
This would be an amazing home design app or program. I wish the developers would make an app for wanna-be interior designers like me! Please, I’m begging you!
As a game it’s totally addicting. Works really well most of the time (although the color selection filter seems pretty off at times).
Great game 4/5
So much fun!
Not worth the effort 1/5
Fun at first but once your in game money runs out you pretty much have to spend really money to even play the game after that. You can’t earn enough in game money or diamonds to be able to play the game which also limits your choices when decorating. I’m sure you could wait a few weeks and log in every day until you have enough in game money to play the game but that’s a waste of time and kills the “game” aspect of the app.
Also even though there are requirements to rooms there’s random voting to determine the score of your work which kind of defeats the purpose.
I would love to actually be able to play this game but without fixing some of these issues it’s getting uninstalled.
Since my Fb friends/family doesn't want to play the game with me. It’s hard to borrow items from someone. I put more money into this game and the furniture cost a lot depending on the item. It would nice if they changed a few things.
A bit amateur 3/5
Need to place artwork on the walls creatively, not predictably in constant pairs hung too high.
Voting is unfair. You get the feeling that amateur decorinas are thoughtlessly picking whatever jumps out at them. There’s nothing to incentivize honest critique.
The pieces are RIDICULOUSLY expensive!
Still, it’s the best design app on the internet.
I love this game, how ever we don’t get enough diamonds to purchase decor! And the decor are extremely pricey. You gotta basically not spend any diamonds for like a month to be able to purchase a good amount of decor. Oh and the decor is suppppppeeerrr limites And not only that, you have a limited amount of uses on the items bought with diamonds. I’ve been playing this game for about two or three years. It’s the only game I actually play, on a daily. So that’s disappointing. Other than that i love that the decor is actually real items you can buy.
Fun game that could be more fun! 5/5
If you owned a house or houses in the game, you could decorate more! The waiting between the challenges is just boring and time spent away from the game. You could keep all the furniture, etc you buy and win to decorate for fun.
Love this game 5/5
Absolutely love it
Great game! 5/5
I love this game!! I wish I could buy more and borrow more than one item after getting to a certain level. Just a suggestion. Thanks
Design Home - Best App Ever!!! 5/5
This is my favorite app. It’s addicting and fun! 💜 I go through withdrawals when I miss any designs! It’s my go to for fun distractions everyday!
By Sunny 1958
Love the game but wish I got more diamonds an not hv to buy them
Revamping the scoring system would be a + 1/5
Disappointed in the scoring system. The winning rooms are replicated week after week. Challenge us. Dare to be different.
Also, let us borrow more.
Need to revamp 1/5
It takes to much to get to the next level
Your judged with people on other levels with different wall art
The same settings for industrial design ( brick wall etc)
Tired of Mediterranean and rustic
Money Trap Game, long explanation! 2/5
I wanted to start with What a fun and engaging game this was when I started less than a month ago. I have learned that customer service does nothing. There seems no effort to improve while people keep spending.
I’ll break it down for you:
1) Daily log in gives you 500 gems
2) Watch 20 videos per day to earn additional 300 gems
3) When you submit your daily design, you earn $2500
4) So now you have 800 gems, $2500 cash you can use to purchase the requirements for the next challenge.
5) Challenge will reward you with a new furniture piece selected as the prize, should you rate a 4.0 or higher in the voting system.
6) Voting system is a joke so I would suggest you only buy black or white furniture because the majority of winning designs are built around this.
7) Because Challenges have requirements, you may be asked to fill 8 pieces from the same furniture designer, darn, that cash and gems isn’t going to be enough seeing most of the decent items cost over $2000 or 2000 gems. And that is low to mid range furniture. Oops, better run out and get yourself an iTunes card to get more gems. I’m serious, you’ll need lots more cash to keep playing this game!
I actually sent in the below suggestions for the design team but I got the impression they really didn’t care to much. Sad because I could see some real potential for this game..
Suggestions for improvements:
1) It would be nice if the items in the STORE had little ❤️ icons that could be clicked on or off as favorites, allowing those items to be moved up to the top of the shopping list so they can be easily found later for purchasing.
2) I would love to see inventory sorting options, similar to what you have in place for the store, this would allow you to see what you currently have available in stock and what quantity.
3) Unwanted single items tend to build up in your inventory that could be placed on a SALE board, allowing the owner to reclaim the cost of that one item to use toward the purchase of a new set of items. This could benefit those players who need just 1 more chair to complete there design but may not have enough gems or $ for a full 5 pack.
4) I think it would be cool if the staging rooms would allow players put together their design, letting the game add up the room cost as they go and giving a total at the end of your design. If you choose to purchase all unpaid items, you would have that option before you submit your final design. If the game search engine allowed you to search the SALE board for one items, you could find that more players could enter some of the challenges that they couldn’t have before.
5) Should you consider these improvements, I could foresee Your team of design programmers developing an upgrade pack that would give players the option to create a piece of art, frame it, submit for approval, if approved, the designer would have free rights to the piece of art and be allowed to sell the art in the SHOP to earn revenue. I can truly see potential for growth in this game and it would bring your ratings up, maybe bringing back those who have left some negative reviews recently.
I want to thank you for the hours of entertainment and your consideration to the ideas I have presented. I hope my suggestions will be considered and maybe voted on by the gaming community for acceptance and improvement to long-standing gameplay! 🤗
I am very upset about not receiving my diamonds. I have had this problem starting at the beginning of this month. I’ve made contact about this problem but to no avail I haven’t received any help or a refund. Ive tried everything I could do to possibly receive my diamonds. Nothing has worked. I’ve been playing Design Home for almost two years and it is the only game app that I have on my phone. I absolutely love to design and am at the highest level. I need either a refund or all of the diamonds that I’ve purchased. Please help with this. Thanks a bunch.
I love playing the game using different colors it feels as if I am a designer
Crashes too much.. 3/5
I've never played a game that crashed so much. I'm surprised if I get through one room without it running super slow and/or crashing at least 5 times. (I WISH I was joking.) It makes it frustrating. And I know it isn't my tablet because everything else runs fine and my internet connection is great. I'd give it more stars if that was better.
New levels needed 1/5
It’s frustrating that the game is so slow to put out new levels. I’m losing interest when there is no motivation in order to continue to get new artwork and plants. They also have no customer service support and do not respond to their customers.
CHANGE VOTING STRUCTURE 4/5
I’m literally getting so sick of this game the voting structure is HORRIBLE. People never stick to the style and rooms with high contrast win or rooms with bad designs that just happened to get a lot of votes. Also they put bad designs against other bad designs and good designs against only other good designs so that means if you have a really good design but it’s put against someone else with a really good design you could end up with a score lower than if you just made a bad design. I’ve had so many rooms with no artwork no rugs or extras get a 4.00 star and so many good rooms not even make it to a 4.00 while I’ve also had a very few 5.00 star designs but all with black and white designs. It’s ridiculous. Also people vote for keys so no way of knowing who’s actually voting or who’s just clicking at random to get more keys. It’s so disheartening when you actually put effort into your design. Seriously change this and you’ll get so much more money and more players.
Thumbs up 👍 5/5
By Debs on
It’s fun to see all the different ideas I can come up with. It’s very addictive game. It offers a huge variety of items.
Follow directions 3/5
I enjoy this game, and love to see how others interpret the design for each room. My only complaint, which has nothing to do with the game itself, is when told to design a Mediterranean room, r a room with a French influences, etc. so many people just design the room, many of which are beautiful, but have no design details influenced by the stated design style.
Takes my mind off everything for a while
If you earned money you should be able to by diamonds with that money! 1/5
I enjoyed playing and sharing with my FB friends!
Good pastime 3/5
Gets redundant. Needs more variety and bigger inventory in some areas especially children’s toys and furniture
I enjoy this app, but I wish rewards were greater in depth almonds.
I love this game. It is addicting. But there are some things I don’t like about it. I think the voting is somewhat of a joke. The ratings you get back from it doesn’t even make sense at times. I think you have to boat too often, I think it takes a long time to accumulate keys and they’re used fast when you make a design. I think the diamonds are slow and hard to come by. If you want any of your designs to look good you have to purchase plants, artwork and other decor with diamonds Or you won’t get a good score. They have ways for you to earn extra diamonds but those offers are completely bogus. Don’t waste your time trying to fill out surveys or watch different things because they don’t seem to honor what you did and you never receive diamonds. I have a love-hate relationship with this game. I love to design things but the voting and the diamonds and the keys are what makes me want to walk away from it many times.
Horrible customer service and support 1/5
By Pine + Dime
The fun of designing rooms with this app is completely null and void if you ever have to deal with their customer support. The main currency used in the game is “Diamonds”, if you run out you can buy more or wait until you get more the next day. When the game glitches and takes over 5000 diamonds from you, don’t expect customer service to reimburse it. In fact, don’t even expect your inquiries to be replied to replies to until several days have passed. I will never spend another real dollar on this app again and I warn others to be careful.
Horrible customer support 1/5
Well I have lost everything that I earned and bought in this game!!! I was on level 32 and all of a sudden I was starting over at level 1!!!! I have contacted support every day for about a week and nothing has been done to restore my game!!!
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend 4/5
Love this game but it’s difficult to get enough diamonds to buy pictures/plants etc.
The app is great, rarely any issues. I would give this game a 5 if it were not for the frustration over the voting.
Amazing Game, Room for Improvement 4/5
This game is addicting, especially if you are into interior design . They are getting better at creating different and unique spaces in various parts of the world. The furniture is nice and varies, of course the nicer, more unique items are more expensive but the point is to work within your budget. I do wish there were goals incorporated, for example, a reward for hitting 10, 5 star ratings. I also wish there was a way to have friends in the game that aren’t just your Facebook friends. The daily reward can be a little higher but between the free earnings and surveys you can make it work. Also perhaps adding a ‘Design Home’ collection with more affordable items with basic colors & designs .. (for rugs) . Other than that , it is amazing game and can’t wait for updates .
By fix it with a pen!
Love the new midnight decor wish it would always be available!
Star ratings 4/5
I get discouraged by some of the star ratings I receive when I know mine are better than some that are shown on your 5star displays. Nothing I can do about it I realize. I still enjoy playing this
Fun home design app 5/5
By user 1952
This is a really fun app if you like home design. I have turned on several friends and relatives to the app and so I can also see their designs and compete for the best score.
I love this game. 5/5
I’ve been playing for a couple years, I love it.
Too expensive 1/5
They raised prices on the furniture on top of that once you buy it you can only use it 5 times. Everything nice and new is for a limited time so you have to buy a ton of it and the regular day to day stuff is the same boring decor so you really can’t create anything unique or different.
By designer Stacy
I love this game I play it every day I am addicted🤪
Need more ways to earn diamonds 3/5
By home pinch
I love playing this game! However, we should be able to have additional ways to earn diamonds or be able to buy some of the artwork and accessories with money.