For those that book later. All entertainment is already sold out. What’s the point
Something is on the blink 1/5
So tired of getting this message! Why is it that I cannot see my upcoming cruise via my last name, DOB and booking number??
I love this group 5/5
By Walter Zeb
While embarking on the bus to the destinations of our trip, divided going to the new terminal dedicated just to Royal Caribbean. I thought it was much better than before. My wife and I are looking to a wonderful trip once again.
Good but has bugs 4/5
This happen was very helpful with knowing the times of different activities. One problem is that text randomly stopped working. Overall good app.
Allure of the seas 2023 5/5
I Found the app to be very helpful throughout the trip. I had an amazing time on the ship. The only thing I found annoying was the messaging part of it glitched occasionally. Nothing huge just mildly annoying.
Deck plans too small to even read cabin number as it is. Need to be able to zoom in. 3/5
I am surprised how smooth and 5/5
easy it is to use. I am very picky...
A search function would be beneficial. It is difficult to find information about the required health questionnaire, parking and what to expect in regards to boarding. This information is likely available but hard to locate
Health Check 1/5
Health check. Where is it?”
Perfectas vacaciones 5/5
Excelente servicio en todo el crucero
Our first cruise 5/5
By P o d o
This was our first cruise, we put off going for a long long time and decided to finally pull the trigger. I will NOT vacation any other way again. RC have made this entire cruise all about us. Such an amazing and tentative crew. Can’t wait to book again.
Great Info 5/5
By Suger Daddy Tee
It keeps me on top of all the things that are happening! Word to the Mother!
Vaccination requirement should be cancelled 1/5
No one cares about Covid anymore stop asking people to poison themselves to go on vacation
We absolutely love Royal Caribbean 5/5
By C R Flynn
10 cruises on Royal and never a problem.All of our trips have been like a dream and we cannot wait until June for our next one.
By pink gal Sal
Easy to use!
Reservations that I made online did not appear.
Quick and easy 5/5
By Chuck & Pam
Options not available 1/5
There seem to be many options not available on the app 8 weeks out, like excursions, dining, spa, etc. seems like more information should be available on the app by now.
Never again 1/5
The beds are so hard and uncomfortable. The room is hot. Not much to do on this ship. Tho we would play bingo and we had to pay. Lots on buffet to eat but it’s always the same food. We did two excursions and they were both AWFUL. The one was cancelled for snorkeling but we still went because they had other things to do which was going to some run down store. So nothing like what we paid for. Second day excursion was swim with turtles. Don’t do that. It’s at a park place and we didn’t even get in the water because it was so nasty. The skin doctor that was on the boat was there and she wouldn’t get in because she was even scared of getting skin infection. I really thought this was gonna be great vaca but so many disappointments.
Completely missing accessibility 1/5
This app is not at all accessible for screen reader users (VoicOver on iOS).
Where are my boarding passes?? They’re supposed to be in the app 2/5
By Cyndi Woo
They are supposed to be
This app is not accessible with voiceover 2/5
By chuncky lover 53
Many buttons are unlabled could not check in using the app and can’t review any ship information
Using the app for everything 3/5
It’s a little challenging to figure out how to view things and how to make changes if necessary. For instance, I want to change from “My Time” dining to assigned time. I can’t figure out how to do that. I want to see what time we’re expected to be back on the ship from an excursion, can’t find that. Etc. 😩
Royal Caribbean app 1/5
Terrible. Cannot even download the app on my android computer. Uses Apple only!
Had to start checking on my iPad and that was impossible. Sorry we had a snag! They claim. This app needs a lot of work!
Glitchy and Slow 1/5
By The Centerpiece
Takes forever to load and times out constantly. At least they give hilarious message when their website/app crashes. “Check in has checked out - try again later”.
Won’t open. 5/5
I can’t get it to update on my new apple phone. It gives me the old version that doesn’t even have the ship on that I’m sailing in. I can’t delete the app to start all over again. So I’m pretty much unable to use the app.
This app is not user friendly
“Hit a snag” 1/5
The app constantly “hits a snag” when trying to enter check in information.
Not clear how to set up necessary services. 3/5
I want everything in place before my trip but it is not clear how to do so.
Wonderful trip! 5/5
Our room attendant , Hiren, was great! Main dining staff, Mark, Julie and Avan were so helpful. They all deserve kudos! John in Windjammer (new employee) was exceptionally friendly and helped us so much. Sara at Park West and her staff Uvee and Andrew were the greatest! We felt like all of these were family for the week and made our cruise the best! And it was the most organized transition from ship to shore when we returned to Tampa that we have experienced anywhere. Thanks for the good time!
App Performance Poor Onboard 3/5
I had a Western Caribbean sailing on Wonder of the Seas from Feb 26 - March 5 2023. I have some feedback on the iOS mobile app. I'm an iOS developer myself, so I can provide some unique and detailed feedback on the app's performance.
Device: iPhone XR, running iOS 16.3..1
Application Version: 1.38.0
On ship configuration: No internet package, device in Airplane mode (to avoid cellular roaming in Bahamas, Jamaica), WiFi enabled to use ship WiFi for app access
- The app contains great information, and is a really useful resource to see what activities are going on. I appreciated the My Calendar feature to plan my day.
- My party of two families made heavy use of the chat feature to communicate with each other while onboard. It looks like push notifications come through for chat messages, but only if the receiving phones have internet access since we saw some before leaving port. However once underway, since none of my party had an internet package, we were only on ship WiFi. In that configuration, no notifications (local or push) of messages come through, so users have to periodically check for messages by going into the app. I realize this is a tough problem, since without internet, you have no access to APNs servers. You also can't wake up the app in the background at all via silent APNs notifications. However, when the app is running, can you schedule local notifications when chat messages are pending? Additionally, could you use on-ship BLE beacons or some other events to wake up the app in the background allowing it to check for messages and then schedule local notifications?
- The touch target in the app to bring up the notifications screen may be too small, it seems hard to hit
- We initially had a few users have trouble getting the chat feature to come up. Even though they were connected to ship wifi, the "Stay connected during your cruise" screen came up indicating they were not on ship WiFi. Forgetting the ship WiFi and re connecting, and restarting the eventually cleared this condition
- Getting all users connected and on a chat thread took quite a lot of setup. Each user had to opt in to being found, search for each other, invite each other, and then accept the invite. Can you streamline this process somehow for guests with linked reservations?
- Performance issues:
While underway, the performance of the app got progressively worse, making accessing the chat function, Daily Planner and My Calendar more and more frustrating.
- The main thread of the app seemed often to be blocked, making the interface completely unresponsive for long periods of time on the order of 5-10 seconds. This made it hard to tell if I had successfully hit the chat button or, expanded the Daily Planner / My Calendar sheet. This seems to be worse on ship. I assume you have on ship servers the app is working with, if those are under heavy load due to simultaneous guest access, does that cause main thread blocking on the app? Your app developers may not see these performance issues in your test environments if you are not able to completely simulate conditions onboard a full ship. Everyone in our party was experiencing this, on both iOS and Android.
- Making the performance issues worse, the app often was crashing while in the background. At least that was my impression. About 60% of the time I came back to the app, it was re-launching. Since I was not doing really anything else on my phone (no internet access) I don't think it was memory pressure termination. This means to look for messages, or check the calendar, I had to wait for the app to re, launch, load, and then wait for the main thread to unblock before I could get my taps registered to open chat, or open the planner. Everyone in our party was experiencing this, on both iOS and Android.
- Sometimes when coming back to the app, I got the "Lets look up your cruises" loading screen. This screen takes a very long time to resolve, if it ever does. Sometimes the app would crash while on this screen, then the next loading I'd be in the correct cruise. Very frustrating to have to wait a minute plus trying to get back into the app to check messages or the schedule. Multiple members of our party experienced this a number of times on our cruise.
- The animations in the app get tiring to wait for given the app was constantly re-launching. Maybe consider skipping all those after the first time, or at least speeding them up considerably?
- I wonder if these performance issues are not experienced as much by guests with the internet package?
Royal Rules 5/5
By cruising Cliff
Great cruise line and great app
Works great with your planning for your trip
Can’t wait for our next trip in 4 weeks
Booking for shows 1/5
By ariya 1990
I can’t believe that I could not get in any shows… You do not have the right to have that many people on the boat and not enough activities… I have taken Norwegian and never had a problem. This is my first time with you I’ve called for help and I didn’t get any help at all. Very disappointing, I asked the person if someone would call me back he informed me know I’m not sure what else I can do so I can have an enjoyable cruise… This is not been a good experience… I hope the cruise is not as disappointing as the help I received
Easy to use 5/5
Great app very easy to use!
Wrong cruise on App 1/5
The app is showing the wrong cruise that I booked and there’s no way to change it
Just plain wonderful
Liquor package 2/5
Went through all steps to get the liquor package but I see it nowhere in the app.
Our travelling companions just told us the price dropped and they signed up for it so I do not know where I stand now.
Difficult to use 1/5
The APP is not easy to use. Things just keep looking like the same page.
Customer service? 1/5
By Not a fan of royal
Your bait and switch policy is bad for business. My business.
Roy wilson 5/5
By Roy K Wilson
I’ve been on over 30 royal Caribbean cruises,royal is the best,first cruise in 1994,best app ever!
Poor experience 1/5
Great way to get organized for our trip 5/5
I love all the information and very detailed descriptions of every bit of Wonder of the Seas. Anticipation is a LOT of the fun and I am enjoying every minute up to our voyage!
App navigation 1/5
The app is not friendly to navigate. It must be gone thru several times before you can find where some instruction or note is directing you.
Your requirement that a “nickname” is mandatory is ridiculous. It is almost impossible to find a unique name. It indicates to me that you are making a review very difficult to enter
Quite disappointing 3/5
It’s an awkward website. And options not easily available …
Downloaded app preparing for first cruise in May. 5/5
By Jim the Dancer
Waiting til March info on cruise will start to post. Gonna be interesting. Retired Navy, haven’t been underway since 1996.
Second cruise with RC. Hope it goes as well as the first one did.
Total disappointment 1/5
By Not do ducky47
Disorganized from pier 14 with 1 hour plus wait then only downhill for ship! It’s our 200th day on RCL and when have options will think hard about choosing RCL Galveston
Not useful for the cruiser 1/5
By David in Georgetown, TX